If you want to increase revenue you should be thinking of ways that you can enhance your guests stay by offering more than the standard amenities. People expect that the basics will be included, and they want more than just that. With so many accommodation options available it may seem overwhelming when deciding what to add to to make your venue stand out. Here are some simple yet effective options that will set you apart from your competition.
Personalise Your Guests Mini Bar
Mini bars are commonly found in most accommodation venues. However, they are usually run of the mill overpriced items that most guests avoid because they are either not to their taste or because of their exuberant price. By customising your mini bar, you can enhance your guests stay and boost sales as they are more likely to buy the items if they are to their taste. Don’t over inflate the cost too. You can customise the mini bar prior to your guests arrival by simply asking which refreshments and foods they would prefer from a list sent via email. Also ask for any dietary requirements and cater to them accordingly.
Saving money is ideal for many and including breakfast at the cost of your guests’ stay is a great way to do that. Providing your travellers with either a hot breakfast option or breakfast solution is a great way to enhance their stay.
Here some service amenities ideas that are sure to impress every type of guest:
- High speed internet is a must, if they’re travelling for work, they’ll want to be able to complete their quick quickly and efficiently. Having constant issues or slow internet connection can really have a negative impact on their stay and they are unlikely to return in the future.
- Sufficient power outlets to ensure comfort when working.
- A desk.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Offer a free drink or discount to a local restaurant.
- Offer a free breakfast food pack.
- Collaborate with a local dry-cleaning company to be able to offer your guests a discount.
- A kitchenette with essentials such as a fridge, microwave, and toaster. If your guests are staying for longer than a weekend, they may not want to eat out for every meal.
- Recreational activities whether this is providing board games, bikes, or discounts to local recreational facilities.
- Leave a gift pack, include some locally made toiletries, discount vouchers or chocolates.
- Provide a daily newspaper.
- Offer a free airport transfer.
- Provide a nutritious breakfast pack.
- Be flexible with your check in and out times. If they are only staying for the weekend, offering a later check out or check in enables them to enjoy their weekend to the full.
- Offer good quality toiletries. As they are only coming for a short visit, they are more than likely going to be travelling light with only carry-on luggage.
- Free parking, guests that are just coming for a short stay will often drive to your accommodation.
- Let pets stay for free, this can be a big selling point for those who are a fanatic about their pets.
- Laundry facilities are essential if you have families staying at your accommodation venue.
- A porta cot or cot should be readily available and be offered to guests at no additional cost if required.
- Kid safe bathrooms and accessories are a great idea, you can include things such as step stools, non-slip bath mats and gentle kid friendly toiletries.
- Kids stay for free. Taking the family on a holiday can be expensive, this gives families an added incentive to choose your accommodation over others.
- Collaborate with local restaurants to offer kids eat free to your guests
- Provide a nutritious food pack. Sometimes going out to eat, especially with the kids in tow is just too much effort. By providing your guests with a nutritious breakfast or food pack they can have a tasty meal together without leaving your venue.
Honeymooners Or Romantic Getaway Guests
- Luxurious robes and slippers can really set the tone for romance.
- Offer room service so your loved-up guests don’t have to leave the comfort of their room.
- Provide a free bottle of champagne, this is a great way for your guests to start their holiday together.
- Leave your guests with a complimentary breakfast pack, this way they can enjoy a delicious breakfast together without having to go anywhere.
- See if you can get a discount voucher for a local spa to enhance the relaxation of their stay.
Young Adult Guests
- High speed internet is an essential basic to ensure that your millennial guests are able to stay in contact on social media, search for local attractions and restaurants etc.
- If you are not near local attractions provide easy access options for them.
- Ensure you have ample seating, younger adults tend to travel with friends, and they’ll want plenty of room to lounge around at the end of a busy day.
- Ensure that you supply beach towels as well as regular towels. Most don’t typically pack towels so they will probably end up taking your bathroom towels to the beach or water if you don’t.
- Offer discounts on unique experiences
- Offer push bikes as a means of transport
- A breakfast pack. Many younger people have a tight budget and by supplying a breakfast pack you can really set them up for the day ahead and it is sure to enhance their stay.
When thinking of ways to enhance your guests’ stay you should think of what you would want when you stay somewhere and what would make a difference in the quality of your stay. For many, having breakfast included is a big bonus. Here at Lepack we specialise in superior quality breakfast packs that are sure to impress your guests, for more information contact our friendly team.